Just a quickie to help pass the time on this rather windy and wet Sunday afternoon, thank you very much Storm Gareth, but it’s amazing what you can find out whilst trolling innocently through the internet, although, if you are one of our American cousins, perhaps you may wish to look away for the next few moments…
Now that they’ve gone, did the rest of you know the following?
1. That there are currently, according to the F.B.I., approximately – I love their use of the word “approximately” – 12 serial killers currently “working” in the state of New York – I wonder what the pension plan’s like? – with 2 known to be competing with one another around Gilgo Beach on Long Island.
2. That there are, on average, 3 daily reported sightings of Elvis, and none of them in a fish shop.
3. That there are, again on average, 27 weekly reports from people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, although only 3 of them claim to have been anally probed… I may have made that last bit up.
4. That, contrary to reports, only 20% of Americans believe that the moon landings were faked.
5. That there is now a technical name for the, “fear of long words”, and the condition is called… Wait for it… “Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia”. That scared the hell out of me!
6. That it is legal to hunt unicorns in the state of Michigan.
7. That according to a study in 2014, 1 in 9 Americans—exactly 11% of the population—think that HTML is actually a disease… Although, they may have a point there.
8. That there is a town in the U.S. with a population of 1. She is 80 years-old and she is the town of Monowi’s Mayor, Librarian and Bartender.
9. That President Coolidge thought it was hilarious to push the emergency button under his desk and then hide when the Secret Service came running in. A politician with a sense of humour! Whatever next?
10. That the U.S. is currently more prepped for a Zombie invasion than you would probably ever guess. The centre for Disease Control and Prevention has a real website specifically devoted to what they call, “Zombie preparedness”.
Okay my American chums, you can come back now, because we have one especially for you two:
Did you know that China has censored the word for, “censorship”?